Skip to Main Content
CAMPUS SAFETY & SECURITY SAFETY TIPS
- Crime Prevention – There are many community based & online crime prevention & safety resources available (self-defense, identity theft, first aid, etc…). Proactively research and sign up for classes.
- Employ the Buddy System – When walking on campus, always attempt to walk in pairs or with a group. This will ensure that someone always knows your whereabouts and can call for help in the event of an emergency.
- Safeguard Your Property – Never leave any valuables unattended. Ensure that all your electronic devices are passcode protected.
- Lock Your Doors – Make sure your residence doors are locked to prevent unauthorized entry & theft.
- Be Observant – Always be observant of your surroundings. Look out for any potential safety hazards or danger. If possible, avoid any desolate or dimly lit areas. Do not walk while focused on your cellphone.
- Suspicious Activity – Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Report any suspicious activity to 911 or the Campus Safety & Security Department at 646-971-3611.
- Campus Blue Lights – Become familiar with the location of the campus emergency blue lights. There are eight emergency blue light call stations throughout the campus grounds which directly contact the campus dispatch office at the push of a button.
- Safety / First Aid – Automated external defibrillators (AED) are located inside buildings throughout the campus. Become familiar with their locations & use. These devices are easy to use and can save a life!