Bomb threats can pose a serious danger to the Cornell Tech Community. Any such threat against the Cornell Tech Community is a serious criminal offense which will be thoroughly investigated by the NYPD. Although most bomb threats are communicated by telephone, email and other forms of communication may be utilized.
If you ever receive a bomb threat report it immediately to Campus Safety & Security at 646-971-3611.
Directives for the Cornell Tech Community
- If you receive a bomb threat by telephone, remain
- Gather as much information as possible from the If a threat is sent via email or left on your voicemail, do NOT erase it.
- Record the time and caller ID number, if
- Write down any information the caller If possible, ask the caller:
- Where is the bomb?
- When will it explode?
- What will cause it to explode?
- What does it look like?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
- Where are you calling from?
- Note any characteristics of the caller’s voice such as gender, age and/or
- Note any background noises and/or distinctive sounds such as traffic, other voices, television, music,
- Immediately after the call has ended contact Campus Safety & Security at 646-971-3611.
- If at any time a decision is made to evacuate the building the Cornell Tech community will be advised to follow standard evacuation procedures and exit in a calm and orderly All will report to the designated building assembly areas.
- Do not re-enter the building until you are instructed to do so by first responders or Campus Safety & Security personnel.