A missing person is defined as a Cornell Tech community member who cannot be contacted or located, or a visitor last seen on campus which cannot be contacted or located. There is no minimum amount of time that a person must be missing before a report can be made. Safety & Security will work closely with the Roosevelt Island Public Safety Department and the NYPD to locate a missing person.
Directives for the Cornell Tech Community
- If you become aware of a missing person, immediately notify Campus Safety & Security at 646-971-3611. If there is an imminent danger to the missing person, immediately call 911.
- Please be ready to provide as much information as possible: missing person’s name, address, cell number, physical description, clothing description, location last seen, medical concerns, etc.
- If possible, provide a recent photograph of the missing person.
- If you happen to discover a missing child or person, please contact Safety & Security at 646-971-3611, so that we can render assistance and begin the process of returning the missing person to their residence or care giver.
- The campus emergency blue light system may also be utilized to contact Safety & Security if a cell phone is not immediately available.