Suspicious packages can pose a serious danger to the Cornell Tech Community. If you ever observe or receive a package or letter that you believe is suspicious or questionable, immediately contact Campus Safety & Security at 646-971-3611 or 911 if there are signs of imminent danger.
Directives for Cornell Tech Community
- If you become aware of a suspicious or unusual package, letter or object, do NOT touch it, open it or disturb it.
- Do NOT carry the item to other areas or show it to other people.
- If anything spills out of the package, do not attempt to clean it up.
- Isolate the package by having everyone leave the room. Close and lock the door, if possible, and evacuate the area.
- Avoid using portable electronic devices (radios or cell phones) when dealing with any suspicious package incidents.
- Contact Campus Safety & Security at 646-971-3611
- Wait for further instructions or information from law enforcement or Campus Safety & Security.
- If at any time a decision is made to evacuate the building the Cornell Tech community will be advised to follow standard evacuation procedures and exit in a calm and orderly fashion. Building occupants will report to building assembly areas and await further instructions.
- Do not re-enter the building until advised to do so by first responders or Campus Safety and Security.